One of the most important factors in the success of your business is where you decide to locate.
How do you find the perfect commercial space?
The first step in finding the right commercial space is to determine your needs.
- Place yourself where it is: Is there activity in the neighborhood? Is there convenient access to public transportation from this location? Can it be reached quickly? Can you describe the level of competition? Who are your potential buyers, and what do they like to consume?
- How big should your project be in terms of space? Do the facilities allow for expansion if necessary?
- What’s better for your money: buying or leasing? You may also choose to share a building.
Now that you know exactly what you are looking for, you can begin your search for a suitable location for your business.
To do this, you should:
- Contact real estate agencies, read classified ads in newspapers and on the web,
- Use your existing group of associates and clients to spread the word…
How to find a cheaper space?
It is always possible to haggle over the purchase or rental price in order to save money on your company’s headquarters. However, there are other advantages:
- Choose to work in a shared office to save money by sharing resources.
- Choose less densely populated locations or more remote locations where the cost of living is lower (if your business allows),
- Avoid renting furnished or serviced space and opt for the cheaper option of empty space instead.