Before Covid-19, each of us had our own reasons for going to work every day. With the pandemic, however, our lifestyles have changed, as has our level of fear. Just because hygiene wasn’t as vital before the Covid era doesn’t mean it wasn’t before. As a result, personal hygiene and workplace cleanliness are now at the top of everyone’s priority list. Cleanliness in the office is no longer limited to daily cleaning, but disinfection has become an important benchmark.
The sudden change in metrics and behaviors has prompted companies to take a more targeted approach to controlling the spread. Standard operating protocols and appropriate measures must be followed to ensure that workplaces are properly disinfected, which is a necessity of the times. There are many techniques to keep an office clean and sanitary, let’s take a look at some of them.
- Circular motion cleaning is the most effective way to remove the maximum amount of dirt from a space.
- Cleaners should use masks and gloves while working to protect themselves from contaminants.
- Cleaning with soap and water, followed by a dry towel, will remove any visible dirt or grime.
- A disinfectant should be used to clean all interior areas, such as lobbies, hallways, escalators, elevators, security guard and hall boy rooms, office floors, cafeterias, meeting and conference rooms, before or after office personnel arrive, or in the evening when office personnel have left.
- High contact surfaces: All high contact surfaces with a high risk of transmission should be cleaned regularly. Surfaces such as the table top and printer/scanner/coffee maker/pens/towels/folders/keyboard/mouse, etc. should be cleaned at least twice a day.
- A 70% alcohol-based disinfectant should be used to clean metal handles and knobs that cannot be bleached.
- It is also necessary for employees to wash their hands and sanitize frequently to assist in the disinfection process in the workplace. Hand sanitizer is an essential component of office sanitation, although it is often overlooked. Hand sanitizing stations should be located near the entrance to the workplace.
- The proper way to sneeze and cough in a meeting or conference room is to do so without making a scene. Remind them and disinfect the area around them with 1% sodium hypochlorite to prevent further contamination.
- Office cleaning equipment: Make sure to clean all cleaning equipment. As soon as cleaning is complete.
- Avoid viruses by washing your hands regularly with soap and water. After washing hands with soap and water, office workers should use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
To avoid any incidents, all offices should follow the same rules. In addition to preventing the spread of Covid-19, this cleaning regimen will also help keep the workplace free of other infections that can be easily transmitted between employees. In order to protect their users, many coworking spaces go to great lengths.
The Color Business Center coworking space pays close attention to standard operating procedures and conducts frequent audits and checks to ensure they are properly implemented. This is a sign of the office administration’s care for its members and staff. It also ensures that everyone is safe and comfortable.